With the continuous advancement of computer technology, information technology, and communication technology, the concept of intelligent buildings began to rise in the 1980s. Intelligent buildings were first born in the United States, and then the markets of Europe and Japan and other countries and regions have also developed rapidly. China's intelligent building industry began to develop in the 1990s. Since the 21st century, China's economy has rapidly increased and the real estate market has entered a peak period of construction, making China's intelligent building industry enter a stage of rapid development.
According to the "China's Intelligent Building Industry Market Analysis Research Report of 2018-2022" released by the New World Industrial Research Center, the scale of China's intelligent building market continued to rise during 2012-2017. In 2017, the market size reached 264 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 7.0. %, China's smart building market continues to expand. It is expected that the scale of China's intelligent building market will continue to grow at a relatively fast rate between 2018 and 2022.
The traditional construction projects mainly include civil engineering, electromechanical installation engineering and decoration and decoration engineering. Since the intelligent building involves the application of electronic information technology, its professionalism is high, thus forming an independent building intelligent system, mainly by information. It consists of five subsystems: facility system, information application system, construction equipment monitoring system, public safety system and computer room engineering. At this stage, China's investment in building intelligent systems accounts for about 5%-10% of the total investment in construction projects, and some investment can even reach 15%. As the scale of the construction industry continues to expand, the penetration rate of China's intelligent building market continues to increase.
From the perspective of the distribution of intelligent buildings, intelligent buildings in North China accounted for the largest proportion, reaching 33.4%; followed by East China, accounting for 28.5%; South China's share was 20.4%. These three regions have relatively developed economies and are the main concentrated areas of intelligent buildings in China. With the continuous improvement of the economy, the scale of the intelligent building market in Central China and Northeast China is gradually expanding, accounting for 7.9% of the total; the share of the Southwest is only 1.5%, and the development is relatively slow.
From the perspective of building type, China's intelligent buildings are mainly commercial buildings, office buildings and residential buildings. Commercial buildings accounted for the largest share of the total, reaching 20%; office buildings accounted for 15%, followed by; residential buildings accounted for 11%, ranking third. It can be seen that the commercial office field is the main application market for intelligent buildings in China.
The scale of China's intelligent building market has expanded rapidly, and the number of enterprises in the industry has been increasing. At present, there are about 1,100 enterprises with qualifications for intelligent building engineering contracting in China. Among them, small-scale and weaker enterprises occupy a large share. These enterprises have low design capability and do not have core competitiveness; they have strong strength, high R&D capability, and can provide comprehensive intelligent solutions for customers. The number of enterprises is small and the overall market is extremely fragmented.
According to analysts from the new industry, compared with developed countries and regions such as Europe, the United States and Japan, the penetration rate of smart buildings in China is relatively low, and there is still much room for improvement. However, the development of China's intelligent building industry is still insufficient, and the number of powerful enterprises is small. Most enterprises cannot meet the needs of customers. The industry lacks leading enterprises with leading functions. As China's urbanization process and smart city strategy continue to advance, the demand for intelligent buildings will continue to grow, and the intelligent building industry will usher in the phase of elimination and integration, which will help the overall competitiveness of the industry.